Art Therapy Courses Online – Guides, costs, best options in 2023
There are many online courses available for art therapy. Some popular platforms for online art therapy courses include Coursera, Udemy, and edX. You can also check for online courses offered by universities or art therapy organizations. Some of these courses may offer certifications upon completion. It’s best to research and compare the different options to find one that fits your needs and budget.
Guidelines for Art Therapy Courses Online
Here are the steps you can follow to take an online art therapy course:
Research: Look for online courses offered by universities, art therapy organizations, or online learning platforms like Coursera, Udemy, and edX.
Choose a course: Compare the course syllabus, duration, and instructor to find the best fit for your needs and interests.
Enroll: Follow the enrollment process, which typically involves creating an account, paying any fees, and starting the course.
Participate: Engage in the course by watching video lectures, completing assignments, and participating in any online discussions or forums.
Practice: Practice what you learn through art therapy activities or exercises, which may be a part of the course or something you can do on your own.
Evaluate: Assess your progress through course evaluations, self-reflection, or by seeking feedback from others.
Note: The specific steps and requirements for taking an online art therapy course may vary depending on the course provider, so be sure to check the specific details for the course you choose.
What are the Best Art therapy Courses Online?
The best online art therapy course depends on your goals, budget, and schedule. Here are a few options to consider:
1. Art Therapy Certification Program at the New York Institute of Art and Design: This comprehensive program covers the fundamentals of art therapy, including its history, theories, and methods. Upon completion, you’ll receive a certificate in Art Therapy.
2. The Therapeutic Art Experience: This course, offered through Coursera, explores the use of art in therapy and provides practical tools and techniques for incorporating art into therapy sessions.
3. The Art Therapy Process: This online course, offered through Udemy, provides an overview of the art therapy process, including the role of the therapist, the therapeutic relationship, and techniques for using art in therapy.
4. The Fundamentals of Art Therapy: This online course, offered through Coursera, provides a comprehensive introduction to art therapy and covers the history, theories, and techniques of this modality.
5. The Art of Psychotherapy: This online course, offered through Udemy, explores the use of art in psychotherapy, including the role of the therapist, the therapeutic relationship, and techniques for using art in therapy.
I would recommend reviewing the course content, instructor credentials, and student reviews before making a decision, to ensure that the course meets your needs and expectations.
Costs of Art Therapy Courses Online
The cost of online art therapy courses can vary widely, ranging from free to several thousand dollars. Here are the typical costs for some of the popular online art therapy courses:
1. The Therapeutic Art Experience: This course is offered through Coursera and typically costs between $49 and $99.
2. The Art Therapy Process: This course is offered through Udemy and typically costs between $19.99 and $199.99.
3. The Fundamentals of Art Therapy: This course is offered through Coursera and typically costs between $49 and $99.
4. The Art of Psychotherapy: This course is offered through Udemy and typically costs between $19.99 and $199.99.
5. Art Therapy Certification Program at the New York Institute of Art and Design: The cost of this comprehensive program varies, but can be several thousand dollars.
Keep in mind that these are just estimated costs, and the actual price may vary depending on promotions, discounts, or other factors. It’s always a good idea to check the website of the course provider for the most up-to-date pricing information.
Job Opportunities of Art Therapy Courses Online
Art therapy is a growing field with a variety of job opportunities for trained professionals. Here are some common career paths for art therapists:
1. Private Practice: Many art therapists work as solo practitioners, offering art therapy services to clients in their own private practice. This option allows for a high degree of flexibility and control over your work schedule and client base.
2. Healthcare Settings: Art therapists may work in hospitals, rehabilitation centers, mental health clinics, or other healthcare facilities, providing therapy to patients dealing with physical or mental health issues.
3. Schools: Art therapists may work in public or private schools, providing therapy to students in need of emotional or behavioral support.
4. Community Centers: Art therapists may work in community centers, offering therapy services to individuals and families in need.
5. Corporate Settings: Some art therapists work in corporate settings, providing therapy and stress management services to employees.
6. Non-Profit Organizations: Art therapists may work for non-profit organizations, providing therapy services to underserved populations.
7. Research and Academia: Some art therapists work in research and academic settings, conducting studies and developing theories on the use of art in therapy.
Keep in mind that job opportunities and salaries can vary widely based on factors such as location, experience, and education. A master’s degree in art therapy is typically required to work as an art therapist, and certification from the Art Therapy Credentials Board (ATCB) may be preferred by some employers.